Thursday, May 11, 2006

Finished!


I knit my square as I sat most of the day in front of the computer, listening to music and deciding which pieces to use for this week's podcast.

The stitch pattern is from former listmum, Sarah's, website and is called Counterpane with Leaves. The larger gauge meant there was not room for the lace border inthe pattern, so I finished the leaf motif, then worked two garter stitch rounds, and ended with a row of YO, K2tog before working a single crochet bind off, to keep the edge nice and stretchy.

The yarn is 100% merino, hand spun from roving I dyed myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

beautiful yarn, feels fantastic, Brenda.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Melissa Barton said...

Oh wow!
That is truly beautiful. The choice of pattern and color is just yummy.

5:14 PM  
Blogger StickLena =KnitLena said...

I am glad to see a very old traditional design (the leaves)it seams to have travelled around the world several times. Home spun/dyed yarn is much better than bought when it comes to BOL, but what can one do....

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home