Sunday, May 07, 2006

Square from Columbus, OH

My heart goes out to Melissa. I feel so thankful for this group of people who care so much about each other, and I'm honored to be a part of it. I hope our efforts bring Melissa comfort. Spring is such a hard time for grieving.

I saw the blue squares posted here, and this color of purple (richer, of course, than in the picture) from my stash seemed to belong with them. I go to the rich website of Sarah Bradberry, the listmum who brought us all together, to find inspiration for my squares. This pattern appealed to me, with the simple cables of Melissa and Lisa's lives twined around each other. I changed the pattern to make the background seed stitch (seeds of comfort, of hope for the future) and knit from the center out -- partly to get the square to the right size, but also so that the energies would spin outward, rather than spiraling in.

1 Comments:

Blogger StickLena =KnitLena said...

Very stylish square in a classic colours. Sarah B has done much for my knitting too, stimulated my inspiration many times...

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home