Friday, May 19, 2006

Finished and mailed


I finally finished my square, mailed it, and off to the races.Not the beat photo, but the square really is square. I liked making this square, and tried to put some joy into each stitch. It was begun in New York, travelled to a Bat Mitzvah in Chicago, where I knit on it in two airports, at the hotel, and at a family party( where we got to discussing Yarn Harlot and the community of knitters.) I finished it back home in New York. Knitting at a party was a great way to get to know distant relatives in a more connected way, so I hope the energy of this blanket brings peace, warmth and the comfort of old and new friends to Melissa.

2 Comments:

Blogger StickLena =KnitLena said...

I am a bit puzzled that so many of us have use blueish-purpleish-greenish colours....
Hoping that the blanket can be finished before June comes.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Ah, I used my favorite colors, hoping to send a bit of love in them. Perhaps the colors of water and sky remind us that life goes on...

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home